This website has been designed to provide information on the Strategic Infrastructure Development Application for the proposed Ballylongford 110 kV substation.
Harmony Solar Kerry Limited is applying for planning permission for the construction of a 110 kV substation and associated site development works for a 10 year permission period, in the townlands of Dromalivaun and Leanamore, Co. Kerry.
Following consultations pursuant to Section 182E of the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended) (the Act), An Bord Pleanála determined that the proposed development is Strategic Infrastructure Development within the meaning of Section 182A of the Act which necessitates a planning application being made directly to An Bord Pleanála.
It is a requirement of An Bord Pleanála that the applicant create a specific website to include all of the application documentation which can be publicly viewed/downloaded.
The planning application is for a 10-year permission for the construction of a 110 kV ‘Loop In-Loop Out’ (LILO) substation and associated works. The proposed development will constitute the provision of the following:
- The construction of a 110 kV ‘Loop In-Loop Out’ (LILO) substation and associated works on a site of approximately 8.52 hectares.
- A substation occupying 1.2 hectares, comprising:
- TSO (Eirgrid) compound with electrical equipment, transformer sub-compound, bus bars sub-compound, cable chairs and substation building (450m2), enclosed by palisade fencing at 0.75 hectares.
- One transformer up to 110 kV within the TSO compound and the provision of an area for a second transformer if future Eirgrid expansion is required.
- Required TSO expansion area enclosed by palisade fencing at 0.78 hectares.
- Operators compound (with switchroom building, electrical equipment, rainwater collection system) enclosed by palisade fencing at 0.25 hectares. The proposed operators control building will have a gross floor area of approximately 192m2.
- Perimeter protection area of 330 meters of fencing at 0.20 hectares.
- 7 No. lightning masts to a height of approximately 18m.
- 1 No. telecoms pole to a height of approximately 20m.
- Additional space for the possible future requirements for a Harmonics Filter.
- New entrance to the L6021 local road shared with the proposed solar farm.
- 5m access road corridor (approx. 2,517.5 meters long).
- Underground cable corridor of approximately 37m in length and provision of 2 no. 16m high mast structures linking proposed substation to adjacent existing overhead 110 kV transmission line.
- Underground cable corridor of approximately 1,293m in length and provision of 2 no. alternative 16m high mast structures linking proposed substation to an existing overhead 110 kV transmission line.
- Associated construction works and drainage infrastructure.
You can view the planning documents and drawings here
Thank you for taking the time to visit the project website.